From DC to Digable Planets to DJ LadybugMek
Having lived in Washington DC for five years, I love the unique mix of musical culture and history of that city as well as Maryland and Virginia: Shaw Neighborhood, Adams Morgan, Mt. Pleasant, U St. Cardoza, Takoma Park, Mt. Ranier, hip-hop, R&B, 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Blues Alley, spoken word poetry, salsa, Afro-beat, Bossa Nova,… Continue reading
is a blog exploring the resiliency of the human spirit thru community, culture & expression (oh & damn good music…).
- Reclaiming Lakota narratives & sovereignty through graffiti culture
- Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
- The blues according to Nina Simone: my ode to Queen Nina
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 2)
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 1)