Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
Dom Flemons, the Grammy-winning multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter is a veritable musicologist of American folk music. I first heard Dom in his work with the Carolina Chocolate Drops back in my days working as the American Roots genre manager at the Grammys. Many of his solo albums since the days of that band have been… Continue reading
Exploring Middle Tennessee: civil rights murals, cross-county lines, Jerry Douglas & his dobro
Tennessee. So much history in terms of music and civil rights. The last time I’d been through was about 8 years ago as my sister and I drove cross-country, only staying in Nashville one night. This past weekend, I was in Middle Tennessee for a long weekend to explore some great music and explore the… Continue readingAmericas, Bluegrass, Civil Rights, Country, Dobro, Folk, Guitarists, Memphis, Murals, Nashville, Slide Guitar
is a blog exploring the resiliency of the human spirit thru community, culture & expression (oh & damn good music…).
- Reclaiming Lakota narratives & sovereignty through graffiti culture
- Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
- The blues according to Nina Simone: my ode to Queen Nina
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 2)
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 1)