Los Boleros de Celia Cruz y Benny Moré
I don’t remember the first time I ever heard Celia Cruz, however my grandmother had a vinyl record of hers. I remember getting a CD in the early 1990s called “Boleros” and to this day it is one of my most loved and played CDs. Celia Cruz sang these songs that were soothing lullabies to… Continue reading
is a blog exploring the resiliency of the human spirit thru community, culture & expression (oh & damn good music…).
- Reclaiming Lakota narratives & sovereignty through graffiti culture
- Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
- The blues according to Nina Simone: my ode to Queen Nina
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 2)
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 1)