Trouble in mind: AJ Croce plays the blues his way
I recently was introduced to AJ Croce, an incredible singer/songwriter, boogie-woogie and barrelhouse blues piano player, and guitarist, whose new album Twelve Tales was released in February on Compass Records. Anyone whose been reading my blog should know that I’m a huge blues fan and I also have a love for boogie-woogie and barrelhouse blues.… Continue reading
is a blog exploring the resiliency of the human spirit thru community, culture & expression (oh & damn good music…).
- Reclaiming Lakota narratives & sovereignty through graffiti culture
- Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
- The blues according to Nina Simone: my ode to Queen Nina
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 2)
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 1)