“Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers…”
The Swampers, the studio musicians who created some of the best-loved sounds of our time. I just finished watching the music documentary Muscle Schoals. It is an amazing movie which tells the story of a small rural town in Alabama with a magical connection to the best music ever recorded and the story of FAME… Continue reading
Reminds me of why I love music: Alabama Shakes
I don’t know much about this band. I just found out through a friend (shout out to Deb in New Orleans) about Alabama Shakes. This band, featuring the vocals of Brittany Howard, does the music that I love. It hits me in the heart, soul, and gut. This is where music belongs and I love… Continue reading
is a blog exploring the resiliency of the human spirit thru community, culture & expression (oh & damn good music…).
- Reclaiming Lakota narratives & sovereignty through graffiti culture
- Multi-instrumentalist and Grammy-winning songwriter Dom Flemons illuminates hidden American history in his music.
- The blues according to Nina Simone: my ode to Queen Nina
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 2)
- James Booker: Producer Scott Billington on the enigmatic “Bayou Maharaja” (Part 1)